Financial Freedom – it’s a new month! Definitely wasn’t a stellar June, but this month should be a marked improvement over last month now that I’ve got a handle on my discretionary budget. The keys to having a stellar month are as follows:
– paying everything off with just enough to cover pre-determined discretionary expenses
– having enough cash for discretionary spending each week pay cycle ($200)
Fitness Phenomenon + – went to the gym 4 times this week. It seems that going to the gym isn’t much of a challenge as I’m carving out time in my schedule each week to check in as often as possible. Right now, the main challenge would be the nutrition portion of fitness that I need to get a handle of. Items I need to focus on are:
– buy frozen veggies and cook it in a huge batch so I can eat it throughout the week at work
– get lentils for mornings
– try weaving in sweet potatoes to add a little variety to my meals in order to the “right” kind of carbs into my system.
SEO/Career – things are coming along as I’m being known as the “infographic guy” at my workplace. However, I feel there could be some efficiencies that can be gained. I need to talk to my boss about these to see if they’re even a possibility. The worst thing that can happen is that he says “no”.
– I should talk to my boss about my 6 month review
– continually check out Inbound.org everyday to stay on top of my game.
Illustrator – a bit slower in terms of progress this week, but I’m still learning. I have the basic understanding of what the elements are of an infographic – I just need to create something (even though it’s ugly) in order to build a foundation and something to improve on in terms of processes for data visualization.
– MAKE something – even though it’s ugly 🙂
– continue dedicating time in the mornings to create these data visualizations.